Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Cookies

I have commented to many people how hard it is to experience all that Christmas cheer when it is 100 degrees outside and and utter lack of holiday festivities all around.  So we decided after a short day of homeschool (thank the Lord!), we would make some Candy Cane Cookies.  All three children and I began well, making our candy canes and christmas wreaths.  Soon, the multitude got tired because they were a little more difficult to make that I expected.  So as they departed, I began to improvise on the christmas cheer.  As you can see the progression below.  we started off well but ended up with just plain red cookies and white cookies.  I just happened to have some peppermint extract so they do taste really good!

2 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

Yummy!!!!!!!! That should make you feel Christmasy!!!

~ Katie ~ said...

I tried to make wreaths and candy canes with green and red dough- disaster. I just mashed them together and made stained glassed cookies instead :)