Monday, August 18, 2014

The Number After Thirty Nine



I walked into my fourth decade today.  I was not bothered by the big 4-0 as much as I was a bit more introspective today.  I wonder what my life has been these past forty years and what my life can be in the next forty (plus!) years.  Have I lived well?  Has it all been for the glory of God?  

I have had the privilege to travel to fourteen different countries outside the USA in these past forty years.  I have seen more countries than some but not as much as others.  I have lived outside the USA for almost 11 years of my life.

I have a marvelous husband and three fantastic children.  It is my joy to live and minister in Zambia.  As I look back on my life, this one verse is speaking to my heart today:

A man's heart plans his ways, but the LORD directs his steps.
Proverbs 16:9

I am so grateful for the twists and turns that my life has taken; all the places I have seen, the people I have met, the gospel that has been spoken.  A few times, the Lord has taken me places that I did not want to go but, oh!, the beauty of allowing Him to direct my steps.  He has made all things beautiful even through the ashes of my grief of not getting my way.  I want my heart to be His - totally and always.  Trusting Him every day.  Praising Him in every way.  Lord, let it be so for the rest of my life.

No comments: