Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ba Taha...


They come - thank God that they come. They are so precious to me and even more so to the Lord Jesus. Every Wednesday, a hoard of children descend upon our yard. This week we had about 65 which is lower than last week when about 90 children came. They come barefoot, with shirts four times too big and sometimes 4 times too small. They come spit polished to a beautiful ebony shine and they come filthy head to toe. These children are the future of Zambia and my heart breaks for them. I wonder what awaits for them as they grow up. For the girls, I pray for chastity - that they will not get pregnant without the blessing of a Godly husband. I pray for purity for the boys and that they will grow up to fear the Lord and lead their households to honor God. AIDS is so very real in all of our everyday lives. I pray for their protection from AIDS. I pray that they will know the Truth and that the Truth will set them free. Oh, how I pray for them...


No comments: